For more than 60 years, Kumon’s after-school academic enrichment program has helped children achieve math and reading success worldwide. With Kumon centers in over 45 countries and over 1,500 Kumon centers in North America alone, Kumon builds an individualized program for students of all ages and abilities to build life-long skills necessary to succeed beyond the classroom. Unlike a tutoring program, Kumon's goal is to develop independent learners with good study skills and who have the readiness to accept challenges.
We are a small team looking for energetic candidates who will adapt to Kumon’s scientifically proven method of helping children of all ages excel through to high school level math and reading. (Kumon kids younger than 2nd grade have done Calculus. Our program can get them there.)
The ideal candidate for our fun team must possess:
· At least a 3.5 GPA.(or a strong history of education.)
· Genuine interest or history working with children in an educational type of role.
· A firm belief that all children have the potential to succeed.
· Excellent communication skills, with the ability to convey ideas and concepts in a clear and simple manner.
· Promptness and timeliness.
· Ability to multi-task student questions, grading, and other tasks.
· An enjoyment of education.
· The ability to be here on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday from 3pm - 7pm, and Saturday from 10:30am –1:30pm.
Here, we work as a team to provide the perfect environment for students to learn how to be self-sufficient, self-motivated, and build their confidence. In order to reach this ideal state, our staff may have many duties, including:
· Grading students'classwork and homework (both Math and Reading subjects.)
· Working with students ages 3 – 7 in completing assignments.
· Guiding students through challenging problems, while encouraging them to solve the problems on their own.
· Wiping down desks and general cleanup after class.
· Ability to show students how to organize school and class assignments.
· Ability to work in a quiet and efficient manner.
· Other duties as assigned.
Additional Training will be provided.
Salary Range $8.50 -$11 based on qualifications
*Please send resumes to [email protected]