For orientation appointments outside of our class hours, please contact Shirley Tam at 604-855-7896.
May 10, 2021
Our students of the month for April are Aaryan M, Mira M, and Tiana M. Be sure to ask for your book prize next time you come by the office. Way to go!
Student Procedures at the Centre
· Ensure your child does not have a large beverage before class and that he/she has used other bathroom facilities, if needed, before arriving at the Centre. The bathroom facilities at the Centre will be closed as a precautionary measure.
· Please have your children wash their hands thoroughly with soap and warm water before coming to Kumon. Washing with soap and warm water for at least 20 seconds is ideal (including palms, back of each hand, between fingers, thumbs and under nails).
· We will leave the door open to minimize the need for students to touch the door handles. This may change if it gets too warm in the office.
· Before students enter the office, we will take their temperature. If there is no fever, we will have them sanitize their hands.
· As long as there is no reason to think that a student might be sick, he will be asked to hand in his homework with the scoresheet. Then he will be directed to a specific table where his work will be ready for him. It is our intention to direct each student to the same table each time. We are keeping track of where each student sits in the event that we have to do contact tracing.
· We have enacted several steps to ensure that the Centre is a clean and hygienic environment. We ask that you support our efforts by following the guidelines regarding student hygiene. Please remember that these protocols are meant to protect all students, staff, and families at the Centre.
· All students scheduled for each time slot will go into the class area, one at a time and will have to remain in their seats until their session is over. Seating has been arranged so that students and staff are at least six feet apart, except for siblings who may sit together. Because of this, we will have room for only about 25% of our students at any given time; therefore, students who attend in-class sessions will be asked to come once every two weeks once more students switch to in-person classes. For the time being, students who choose in-person classes may attend class once per week.
· Students must bring their own pencils, eraser, and sharpener as there will be no communal use of these items.
· Sessions will be 20 minutes for one-subject students to allow 10 minutes for disinfecting tables, chairs, other surfaces. Students doing two subjects can remain in their seats until the end of the next shift (stay for 50 minutes). For the purposes of contact-tracing, we will have students keep the same seating arrangement and schedule for one month at a time.
· Students who do not complete their work in class should complete the work at home and add the extra time to their total time used. Class work scores should be included on the score sheet for the week.
· We will do oral reading with students on Zoom only.
· Students will not have access to the phone as we need to restrict the office phone to one user to avoid cross contamination.
· At the end of each session, a staff member will bring the students downstairs to their parents.
Please let us know if you have any questions. We ask for your cooperation in maintaining a healthy Centre environment!
We sincerely appreciate all of your incredible kindness andsupport during these uncertain times. We look forward to seeing you in personor online!
Abbotsford Kumon Staff