Centre is now open with post-COVID 19 policies in place.
Below you will find important information regarding the resumption of in-centre classes at our centre on Thursday 14 May 2020. We want to assure you that the health and safety of our students, staff, and families remains our top priority. We Continue to monitor the situation closely and are following the guidance of government and health officials. To help ensure that our centre remains a healthy environment, we will be taking the following steps:
1. Resumption of classes (Except Early Learners ): In-Centre Classes will resume for children studying in the independent learning section. Please Note that we will NOT be resuming classes for Early Learners at this time. Please contact us if you are unsure which section your child is in.This is being done because It is unlikely that EL students will be able to consistently and strictly abide by physical distancing recommendations,respiratory etiquette measures, and proper hand hygiene protocols.
2. Centre Scheduling: In-centre classes will only be provided ONCE a week to children on designated PICK-UP day only (for maximum 30 minutes each subject) Children will be required to book a date and time slot on this link before coming for in-centre class (Book ONE 30 minute slot if you are doing one subject , and TWO 30 minute slots if you are doing two subjects ) https://calendly.com/kumonlewisestates/classwork. You maybook for up to 4 weeks in advance.
3. Staggered Seating: Centre Will be reducing its seating capacity to align with safe distancing rules.Therefore, NO children will be allowed inside without having pre-reserved their appointment time.ABSOLUTELY NO WALK-IN’s for classes. Classes will be terminated after 30 minutes.
4. Staggered Entry: We will be resuming weekly pick-up and worksheet exchange cycles on designated days. One family at a time will be permitted for worksheet pick-up and/or admittance to class. Common use of our Parent Waiting Area will NOT BE available until further notice to allow for physical distancing. Parents will no longer be allowed inside the centre; you will have to ensure your child is immediately picked up after appointment is over. Please wait in your car (or anywhere that maintains physical distancing) for your child to finish class.
5. Washroom Closure: Washrooms Will no longer be available for student use. We ask that students visit their home washroom before coming to centre.
6. Stationery: Shared pencils, erasers and sharpeners will no longer be available. Please ensure your child has enough stationery resources before coming to centre.
7. Student Hygiene: We have enacted several steps to ensure that the centre is a clean and hygienic environment. We ask that you support our efforts by following the below guidelines regarding student hygiene. Please remember that these protocols are meant to protect all students, staff, and families at the centre. Here are a few tips:
a. Masks are always recommended to be worn by children while in the centre. These can be regular home-made cloth masks which are reusable after washing.
b. Teach your children to wash their hands often. Washing with soap and warm water for at least 20 seconds is ideal (including palms,back of hands, between fingers, thumbs and under nails).
c. Teach your children the proper use of hand sanitizer in case they do not have access to a sink for washing their hands. Gels, rubs, and hand wipes all work well, if they contain at least 60% alcohol and if the hands are not visibly soiled.
d. Hand wipes must be disposed of properly.
e. Teach your children to keep their hands away from their face and avoid touching their mouth, nose, or eyes when possible.
f. Teach your children respiratory etiquette;covering the mouth and nose with a tissue or flexed elbow while coughing or sneezing, and disposing of used tissues in a plastic-lined waste container,followed by hand hygiene (https://www.canada.ca/en/public-health/services/healthy-living/hand-hygiene.html )
Centre Health and Safety Policy for COVID-19
In an effort maintain a healthy and clean Kumon Centre, we will:
1. Minimize student density: schedule or alterclass days and hours so students will be seated one student / onefamily per table, a minimum of 2 meters apart.
2. Provide a staggered entry so only one familyat a time is in the Waiting Area for admittance to class and/or worksheetpick-up.
3. Implement an enhanced cleaning anddisinfecting routine for frequently touched surfaces.
4. Provide enhanced hygiene, cleaning, anddisinfecting protocols, with related training, for assistants.
5. Strongly recommend anyone who enters thecentre wear a mask, including students and parents.
6. Provide and encourage regular use of handsanitizers upon entering and exiting the centre.
7. We ask that parents and students support ourefforts by:
a. Having students bring their own pencils,eraser, and pencil sharpener
b. Encouraging proper student hygiene.
c. Providing your child with a mask.Recognizing that masks are in limited supply, the Public Health Agency ofCanada has released appropriate use guidelines for nonmedical masks.
d. Ensuring your child does not have a largebeverage before class and that they have used other washroom facilities, ifneeded, before attending the centre. The washroom facilities at thecentre will be closed as a precautionary measure.
e. Not sending children to class who are ill withfever and/or infectious respiratory symptoms or other health conditions untilthey are well again. If you suspect your child has contracted any illness, itis important that he/she does not attend Kumon until he/she is no longersymptomatic. We will be refusing in-centre classes for symptomatic children.
f. Not sending children to class who havetravelled out of province in the past 14 days.
g. Notifying us if your child (or a person theylive with) is ill or has travelled out of the province in the past 14 days.