Instructor Susan Rapp has a very impressive and extensive teaching background in both the public and private sectors. She has dedicated her career to helping students and has run her Kumon Center for over 20 years. Some additional background and certifications she has received include:
- Master's Degree in Education from Loyola University
- Case Program Advanced Degree from Johns Hopkins
- Certified Reading Specialist
- Certified Special Education Specialist
- Fellow in the Academy of Orton-Gillingham Practitioners in Education (AOGPE)
- Former school teacher in Connecticut, New York and Maryland
Additionally, Kumon Instructors are trained and certified through a comprehensive system which ensures that they offer the best Kumon instruction in Math & Reading to each student. Susan states, "My goals for each student are individualized and tailored to their needs and abilities. It is my hope to develop a love of learning in our students through the Kumon Method, and to enable students learn the organizational skill and study habits they need to become excellent students."
In the Kumon Program, homework and classwork are carefully assessed for speed and accuracy to maintain the right level of challenge and to ensure that mastery is attained as each new skill is introduced. Susan and the staff of Clarksville Kumon work very closely with each individual student and his or her family to create the best study plan possible for the student, whether the need is for remedial help or for advanced study.