Centre is now open with COVID prevention policies in place. FACE MASKS ARE MANDATORY and we will be refusing entry into the centre for children or parents not wearing a mask .
We want to assure you that the health and safety of our students, staff, and families remains our top priority. We Continue to monitor the situation closely and are following the guidance of government and health officials. To help ensure that our centre remains a healthy environment, we will be taking the following steps:
1. Resumption of classes: In-Centre Classes will resume for students able to consistently and strictly abide by physical distancing recommendations, respiratory etiquette measures, and proper hand hygiene protocols.
2. Centre Scheduling: In-centre classes will only be provided ONCE a week to children on designated PICK-UP day only (for maximum 30 minutes each subject) Children will be required to book a date and time slot on this link before coming for in-centre class (Book ONE 30 minute slot if you are doing one subject , and TWO 30 minute slots if you are doing two subjects ) https://calendly.com/kumonlewisestates/classwork. You may book for up to 10 weeks in advance.
3. Staggered Seating: Centre Will be reducing its seating capacity to align with safe distancing rules. Therefore, NO children will be allowed inside without having pre-reserved their appointment time. ABSOLUTELY NO WALK-IN’s for classes. Classes will be terminated after 30 minutes.
4. Staggered Entry: We will be resuming weekly pick-up and worksheet exchange cycles on designated days. One family at a time will be permitted for worksheet pick-up and/or admittance to class. Common use of our Parent Waiting Area will NOT BE available until further notice to allow for physical distancing. Parents will no longer be allowed inside the centre; you will have to ensure your child is immediately picked up after appointment is over. Please wait in your car (or anywhere that maintains physical distancing) for your child to finish class.
5. Washroom Closure: Washrooms Will no longer be available for student use. We ask that students visit their home washroom before coming to centre.
Centre Health and Safety Policy for COVID-19
In an effort maintain a healthy and clean Kumon Centre, we will:
1. Minimize student density: schedule class days and hours so students will be seated one student / one family per table.
2. Provide a staggered entry so only one family at a time is in the Waiting Area for admittance to class and/or worksheet pick-up.
3. Implement an enhanced cleaning and disinfecting routine for frequently touched surfaces.
4. Provide enhanced hygiene, cleaning, and disinfecting protocols, with related training, for assistants.
5. MASKS are MANDATORY for all who enter the centre, including students and parents.
6. Provide and encourage regular use of hand sanitizers upon entering and exiting the centre.
7. We ask that parents and students support our efforts by:
a. Having students bring their own pencils,eraser, and pencil sharpener
b. Encouraging proper student hygiene.
c. Providing your child with a mask.
d. Ensuring your child does not have a large beverage before class and that they have used other washroom facilities, if needed, before attending the centre. The washroom facilities at the centre will be closed as a precautionary measure.
e. Not sending children to class who are ill with fever and/or infectious respiratory symptoms or other health conditions until they are well again. If you suspect your child has contracted any illness, it is important that he/she does not attend Kumon until he/she is no longer symptomatic. We will be refusing in-centre classes for symptomatic children.
f. Not sending children to class who have travelled out of province in the past 14 days.
g. Notifying us if your child (or a person they live with) is ill or has travelled out of the province in the past 14 days.