The 2019 Kumon Student Conference Application Period is Now Open
Kumon North America is excited to announce that the 2019 Kumon Student Conference will take place in Chicago, Illinois, on Wednesday, July 10, 2019!
The Kumon Student Conference is a prestigious learning opportunity for Kumon Students who are studying at least three years above their grade level. The goal is to bring to life our founder, Toru Kumon’s, vision of developing responsible people who will use their skills and talents by contributing to their communities around the world.
Kumon Students who meet the following criteria are eligible to submit an application:
- Platinum Award (Advanced Student Honor Roll 3)
- Grade 4 or higher
- Level G or higher in Math and/or Reading
Attendees will have the opportunity to learn from each other through a variety of enjoyable activities that will foster team building, group discussion, critical thinking, and creativity. In this unique learning environment, students will also hear from inspirational former Kumon Students who reached Level J by 6th grade and completed the Kumon Program. Excelling in-an-out of the classroom, these speakers will demonstrate the value of the Kumon Method and the long-term benefits of Kumon Study.
Important details to remember:
- The application period opens on January 16th and ends on February 8th at 11:59 pm ET
- Finalists for the next round will be contacted by April 1st to provide additional information
- Accepted students will be notified by April 15th
- Kumon North America will pay round-trip economy class airfare for the accepted student and two parents/guardians along with two nights at the Sheraton Grand Chicago from July 9-11.
Speak to your Instructor today about your interest in applying for acceptance to the 2019 Kumon Student Conference!