Buddy the Bear from Buckalew visits our center
Kumon Alden Bridge Awards Ceremony:
Kumon now accessible in digital: Kumon Connect
Kumon Alden Bridge Google Reviews:
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
WHAT:What is Kumon?
Kumon is an after-school learning program designed to help children master the basics of math and reading, eventually studying above their grade level.
What is the schedule?
In-Person classroom sessions are open on Mondays, Tuesdays and Thursdays from 2 pm to 7 pm. Students complete short daily assignments the other days of the week at home.
We look forward to seeing students more regularly so that we can observe how they approach the problems, adjust their planning to keep them working at the just-right level, and provide instruction to help them develop their self-learning skills and continue to stay motivated about their progress!
Who provides instruction to students?
Ms. Inba creates a customized lesson plan for each and every student enrolled in our programs. The lesson plan is initially based on the results of the student assessment. It is then continually adjusted as the child progresses through the Kumon program.
Kumon Alden Bridge Team:
Where are you located?
Our address is: 8021 Research Forest Drive Suite C, The Woodlands, TX 77382. We’re located on Research Forest Drive near the intersection of Research Forest and Kuykendahl Dr., across the street from Chick-Fil-A, nearby Dosey Doe Coffee and Tumbleweeds & Notions.
How do I get started with the program?
1. Schedule an appointment for a student assessment and parent orientation by clicking here.
- Ms. Inba Chidambaranathan is a certified Kumon instructor and has been a Montessori teacher in The Woodlands since 2010. Ms. Inba and her team are well experienced, have lots of love and passion to work with children. She is from The Woodlands, TX.
- Ms. Dianna Walker has been with Kumon Alden Bridge since the opening of the center in 2011. She has been extensively trained in the Kumon method and has tremendous experience working with children of all ages. She is from Shenandoah, TX.
- Ms. Lamia Farid is our Early Learner Teacher who has 9 years of experience teaching early learners at Kumon Alden Bridge. Before moving to Texas, she was an elementary school teacher in Oklahoma for 6 years. She is from The Woodlands, TX.
- Ms. Mickie Blizzard is our Early Learner Teacher who has been with us for the last 2 years. Her 14 years of elementary school experience, teaching Kindergarten through Grade 5 in Klein ISD and Magnolia ISD schools, adds great value to our students. She is from Magnolia, TX.
2. Attend the parent orientation and have your child take the student assessment test.
3. Review your child's progress goal plan.
4. Enroll your child.
5. Schedule regular progress check-ups with Ms. Inba.
How is Kumon different from traditional tutoring?
My children's schedule is very busy, not allowing them to come to class twice a week. What are my options?
- Unlike traditional tutoring, Kumon will identify where your child started to fall behind. While Tutoring provides quick results, Kumon addresses missed concepts to keep your child advancing with ease.
- Tutoring ends when a child catches up. Kumon keeps your child advancing.
- Tutoring is passive learning. Kumon teaches self learning
- Kumon is an ongoing learning enrichment program, not a tutoring center.
We understand some students have their schedule busy with various activities, and are unable to come to the center twice a week. We highly recommend Kumon Connect for them, as we are able to track their work on a daily basis, and provide feedback even when the student has completed their work at home. It ensures smoother progress for the students. We also recommend them to come to class or connect over zoom once a week.
How can Kumon help me as a parent?
Kumon gives you the tools to truly monitor your child's progress. The daily worksheets teach concepts in a logical way, so you’ll instantly know if your child is struggling with lessons – or advancing ahead of grade level. We share student's progress goal periodically and it will arm you with insights and information that will help you decide what’s best as school continues and progress improves. You also get a real time dashboard view of your child's progress in Kumon Connect.
I feel my child is falling behind in school. Can Kumon help?
Yes. If you’re concerned your child isn’t keeping up in class, Kumon encourages you to consider enrollment in the Kumon Program as soon as possible. Kumon will start by having your child complete a placement test at no cost to you. The results of this test will help guide the Kumon Instructor to determine the best starting point. From there, the step-by-step method will help your child build a solid grasp of math and reading, and grow more confident and motivated while mastering each concept and lesson.
Will Kumon duplicate my child's school curriculum?
Kumon is built to enhance what students learn in school, not replace it. Kumon’s unique curriculum begins at the preschool level and progresses through high school-level material. It is designed so that any student can move as quickly as possible through the materials, while building independence and self-learning skills.
If my child is a bit behind, how long will it take to catch up to grade level?
Kumon’s individualized instruction differs from one-on-one tutoring services that provide “quick fix” short term boosts in performance. If your child is a bit behind fellow classmates, our short-term goal is to reach grade-level competency within twelve months. While some students take a little longer, many accomplish it sooner. Kumon’s long-term goal is for students to continue with the Kumon Program throughout the school years, for benefits beyond high school and into college.