Message from the Center Director
June 18, 2020
Dear Kumon Families,
We would like to extend our deepest gratitude for your patience and cooperation during this challenging time. This has been a difficult situation for everyone, and we appreciate how you have adapted to the changes.
Kumon of Walnut Creek plans to reopen on Tuesday, June 30, 2020. Please read below for some important information regarding our transition back to in-center classes.
First,we want to assure you that the health and safety of our staff, students, and families is our top priority. We continue to monitor the situation closely and are following the guidance of government and health officials. In order to help ensure that our Center remains a safe environment, we will be taking the following steps:
To reduce the number of students in the classroom at any given time:
- We will be strictly enforcing student scheduling . All students should arrive promptly at their scheduled time and should not remain at the center past their appointment.
We are taking many steps to limit student interaction and keep the Center clean. We ask that you support our efforts by following the guidelines regarding student hygiene.Please remember that these rules are meant to protect all staff members, students, and families who visit the center.
- Students must wear masks brought from home for sanitary purposes in order to enter the classroom. Gloves are optional. We will have hand sanitizer available at the front door.
- Students must bring their Kumon bag with their own pencils and erasers.
Our goal is to support your children in their Kumon journey and limit interruptions to their study as much as possible. Continuous learning is the key to success in the Kumon Program, and we aim to support each of our students in achieving their goals.
Please review the guidelines and center changes above, and feel free to reach out to us with any questions you may have. We ask for your cooperation in maintaining a clean and healthy environment and look forward to welcoming you back to the Center!
Dear Kumon Parents,
Hope you and your family are doing well.
Since the shelter-in-place has been extended through the end of May, we will distribute the next batch of assignments this week. Pick-up will be available Tuesday May 5th and Friday May 8th between 3 pm and 6:30 pm. Upon your request, we can leave the worksheets outside too. Please let us know if you want us to leave the assignments out. I want you to know that guidance and support for your child can be arranged through a Zoom session or phone call. Please feel free to contact me if you want to set up a time. Thank you for your support, your confidence, and your belief in our program. Thank you. Stay safe and healthy!
Dear Kumon Family,
Your child’s welfare is our utmost concern, and we will closely monitor the situation and contact parents once class resumes. Currently we are live on Zoom every Tuesday and Friday, from 3 to 6 p.m. Students can join at a scheduled time. For questions, please call or text at 925-788-8576. Thank you for your understanding and patience during this situation.
I hope you and your family are staying safe and healthy.
Contra Costa County extended shelter-in-place order until May 3rd. We are preparing new assignments for all of our students and they will be available this Friday. Please stop by anytime and pick up the assignments from the blue box outside next to the front door. Also, use the box to return all completed assignments. We will check their work and provide feedback and corrections. Please call me at 925-256-0609 (office) or 925-788-8576 (cell) anytime if you have any questions.
March 26, 2020
We sincerely hope all our students, families and staff will stay healthy through this pandemic. In order to limit exposure to and spread of the COVID-19 Virus, Kumon of Walnut Creek will remain closed until further notice. During this period, I will be available anytime to assist all students with their Kumon studies. Please call me or text me at my cell phone 925-788-8576.
If your child need help, please e-mail us, we will schedule phone conference or video call to assist him or her. Also, I am opening up a virtual classroom for any students needing help with their work every Tuesday and Friday between 3pm to 6:30pm. Please click THIS link to enter the room during normal class hours.
Please stay safe and healthy. Please don’t hesitate to text or call me if you have any questions.
Today we handed out homework for the families who were unable to pick up last week. Now that all of our students received their assignments, Kumon Walnut Creek Center will stay closed for the next three weeks. If there is anything we can do to help, please do not hesitate to ask or let us know. Stay safe!
I will be in center during normal class hours on Tuesday and Friday this week to hand out homework for the families who were unable to pick up last Friday. Parents and students can come in to pick up work, but students will not be staying to complete assignments. Thank you for your continued understanding, cooperation, and support.
As schools in the Walnut Creek Unified School District will close for three weeks beginning Monday out of concerns about coronavirus, Kumon Walnut Creek Center will be closed for the next three weeks as well. We are making the decision in the interest of keeping our students and families safe.
It is important that your child’s progress is not interrupted during this period. During this temporary closure, we will give students homework. Please ask students to complete Kumon assignments. It’s easy to justify skipping one day, but skipping one day quickly turns into skipping several days or even a week’s worth of assignments. I will be available for help at 925-256-0609 or email me [email protected] for any questions.
With the spread of the coronavirus (COVID-19), you may have questions about operations at Kumon of Walnut Creek.
Public health risk is continually reassessed as new information becomes available, but as long as local schools remain open as usual, we plan tocontinue to hold Kumon classes as usual.
In the meantime, staff at our Center are following the recommended guidelines from the Centers of Disease Control and Prevention and World Health Organization in our Kumon center, and ask that you do the same:
- Frequently and thoroughly wash your hands with water and soap and keep your hands away from your face to prevent infection. Washing should take a minimum of 30 seconds. If your child cannot count to 30, teach your child to sing either “Happy Birthday”or “Twinkle Twinkle Little Star” twice while washing.
- Cover your mouth and nose when you sneeze or cough. If you don’t have a tissue,sneeze or cough into your sleeve or arm.
- Get an annual flu vaccination, which is available from clinics and pharmacies.
- Do not come to center if you or your child is ill.
- If you or your family have returned from a trip to a country designated by the government as an affected area (e.g., China, Hong Kong, Iran, Japan, Italy, Singapore, South Korea), please respect the government guidelines and self-quarantine for a period of no less than 14 days. In this case please notify us of your situation, and your child’s return to Kumon will be conditioned on receipt of a note from a medical care provider.
- Families with concerns about attending class are welcome to arrange to pick up new worksheets and drop-off completed assignments. Please contact me at 925-256-0609 or email me at [email protected] to make this arrangement.
Please continue to be observant of reports concerning the coronavirus in the media. More specific questions about coronavirus or any illness should be directed to a competent health care provider or your local health department.