BASIC CENTER POLICIES
1. Monday and Wednesday, 3pm to 7pm, physical class and ZOOM virtual class
Thursday, 3pm to 5pm, physical class
Tuesday and Thursday, 4 to 5pm, ZOOM virtual class (by appointment)
2. Duration of class – New Kumon Students: Kumon is an individualized program of study. Student class and homework time varies. Brand new students working at their “comfortable starting point” often spend less time in class than longer-term students. This helps students adjust to Kumon. Initially, expect 15-20 minutes, but this time will increase as students move into more complex concepts and grade levels.
3. Duration of class – Experienced Kumon Students: Students studying new concepts or in more advanced study can expect to spend 20-45 minutes per subject, just like at home. Please work with the Instructor to reduce schedule conflicts with Kumon class, and to adjust workload to balance Kumon goals with student activities.
4. Kumon Center Office Hours: The Instructor keeps office hours daily Monday to Thursday at Kumon of Arvada - West (10am - 8pm).
1. Students are expected to attend class twice per week. Excessive absences and missing assignments will cause students to fall behind and lose motivation. The instructor may dis-enroll students with excessive absenteeism.
2. Kumon of Arvada - West uses a classroom approach for instruction. Student independence and self-learning are core principles of the Kumon Method which involves individualized study, not one-on-one tutoring.
3. The Instructor and Assistants circulate through the classroom to provide assistance, hints and tips to students. However, our goal is to help without helping – hints and examples, not answers. Students are also asked to try and figure out the problem on their own using provided examples. This stimulates self-learning.
4. Students are expected to change out their own homework, and return completed and graded assignments. We will assign them a seat when they enter the classroom.