Response to COVID-19
At Kumon of Carrboro - South Green our students' health and safety is our top priority. We are closely monitoring the situation with the coronavirus (COVID-19).
With that in mind, this center does offer virtual instruction, as well as Parent Orientations and Placement Testing.
- Virtual instruction: Parents are asked to sign up for two time slots a week in which instructor can observe home study. Meetings will be held on Zoom. Parents can pick up homework from the center on a weekly basis.
- Virtual Parent Orientations and Placement Testing: At your convenience, the instructor can either hand off or mail the placement test to your family. Then, the instructor will observe the student taking the placement test via Zoom.
Kumon of Carrboro is also offering in-person classes. Students can attend both center days in-person, or can attend hybrid classes (one virtual and one physical). We are taking additional steps to prevent the spread of germs in our center. We are:
- Running at reduced capacity. Tables and chairs in the center have been rearranged so that students remain at minimum 6-feet away from others.
- Requiring that face masks be worn at all times.
- Doing temperature checks at the door.
- Asking that students bring their own pencils to the center.
- Closing the restrooms and water fountains. Students are expected to remain in their seats the duration of class, and must be dismissed by the instructor.
- Sanitizing desks and chairs once the student leaves.
Staying informed is one of the best ways to stay healthy. You can obtain information from the Centers of Disease Control and Prevention and World Health Organization:
Thank you for your help in keeping our children and our Kumon Center healthy. If we all practice good hygiene, health officials believe we can limit the spread of the coronavirus and other viral illnesses in our homes, schools, and other places where people gather.