At Kumon of Carrboro - South Green our students' health and safety is our top priority. We are closely monitoring the situation with the coronavirus (COVID-19).
In order to help accommodate families, we are offering in-person, hybrid, and virtual options. We are taking additional steps to prevent the spread of germs in our center. We are:
- Scheduling students to prevent overcrowding.
- Requiring that face masks be worn at all times.
- Asking that students bring their own pencils to the center.
- Sanitizing desks and chairs once the student leaves.
- Placing hand sanitizer at entrance for use before entering and after exiting the center.
For virtual classes, as well as Placement Testing:
- Virtual instruction: Parents are asked to sign up for two time slots a week in which instructor can observe home study. Meetings will be held on Zoom. Parents can pick up homework from the center on a weekly basis.
- Virtual Placement Testing: At your convenience, the instructor can either hand off or mail the placement test to your family. Then, the instructor will observe the student taking the placement test via Zoom.
Staying informed is one of the best ways to stay healthy. You can obtain information from the Centers of Disease Control and Prevention and World Health Organization:
Thank you for your help in keeping our children and our Kumon Center healthy. If we all practice good hygiene, health officials believe we can limit the spread of the coronavirus and other viral illnesses in our homes, schools, and other places where people gather.