1:30pm - 7:30pm
9:00am - 2:00pm
1:00pm - 5:00pm
1:00pm - 5:00pm
1:00pm - 5:00pm
1:00pm - 5:00pm
1:00pm - 5:00pm
Welcome to our Kumon Math and Reading Center of Creve Coeur. For more than 50 years, Kumon’s after-school academic enrichment program has helped children achieve success worldwide. We strive to instill in children the desire to achieve and the motivation to learn on their own. Whether your child is seeking enrichment, needs help catching up or is just beginning his or her academic career, Kumon is designed to help him or her develop a love of learning.
Kumon is a linear program meant to help students with mathematical skills needed for higher level mathematics such as calculus and the comprehension skills needed to read and work with higher level reading concepts.
Kumon is a long term program and should be taken seriously. Students are encouraged to finish the entire program (Level O for math and Level L for reading). If enrolling in 6th, 7th and 8th grades or enrolling above Level E, minimum of 6 months commitment is required.
Kumon follows its own curriculum. The curriculum matches school at times. Students must keep track of time on worksheets; mastery of material is determined by time and accuracy. Students must do homework every day.
The Kumon Math Program is a comprehensive curriculum that develops the necessary skills to help children progress from counting through calculus. For more information about the Kumon Math Program, click here.
The Kumon Reading Program begins with basic phonics and progresses all the way through advanced reading comprehension. For more information about the Kumon Reading Program, click here.
Students learn more than just Kumon curriculum. Teaching good study habits is like “teaching to catch a fish”. Along with academics, students learn discipline, focus, determination and diligence which are great life skills to acquire. Not quitting when going gets tough is a valuable lesson in itself.
Students advance through the program at their own pace. Our emphasis on individualized learning helps your child become focused, motivated and self-reliant. We monitor each child’s progress to ensure comprehension before moving on to a new concept. With a strong academic foundation, critical thinking and problem solving abilities, your child has the potential to achieve whatever he or she desires.
Price and Fees
$130 per subject / $250 for both Math and Reading
Monthly Kumon tuition is paid by setting up a monthly automatic debit by providing your authorization and a voided check. For families that pay monthly we require a Last Month Deposit. Prepayment Discounts are also available for 6 month or 1 year commitments when tuition is prepaid in full. Families that choose to prepay for 6 or 12 months are not required to leave a last month deposit. Please inquire if you are interested in knowing more about our pre-payment discounts. All payments are non-refundable and non-transferable.
Tuition is prorated only for the first month. In other words if your child starts Kumon after the 15th of that month, you will be charged half of that month's tuition, but only for that month. Tuition is non-refundable once a student has begun receiving work assignments for the month.
Upon registration, we accept your registration fee, material fee, and 1st month tuition. We process tuition on the 1st of the month. For example, tuition for January is charged on January 1st. If you wish to discontinue Kumon you must let us know in writing by the 15th of the current month to stop payment for the following month.
$50 per student
A one-time, non-refundable registration fee of $50 will be applicable to new students and will be charged at enrollment. This registration fee is good for the lifetime* of the program at the center so long as the child continues active participation.
Students transferring from another Kumon Center will not be assessed a registration fee so long as there is no lapse in their enrollment.
*Students absent from the Kumon Program for more than 1 month will be subject to a new registration fee.
$20 per student
A one-time non-refundable materials fee of $20 will be applicable to new students. This fee will be charged at enrollment.
- All Kumon students are scheduled.
- Students are expected at the center during their scheduled sessions.
- All Kumon students are recommended to attend two scheduled sessions per week.
- Students must arrive at least 30 minutes (per subject) before Center closing to allow for adequate time to complete assignments.
- Your child’s individualized study plan is determined by the Kumon Instructor.
- The study plan is based on the student’s age, ability, motivation, time commitment and performance.
CENTER STUDY SESSION
- Only students may enter the Kumon student study area.
- No cell phones, games, music, food or drinks are permitted in the Kumon student study area.
- Please be sure that the safety of our children is utmost importance to us and we recommend that parents be there to pick-up their child after the session.
- The Kumon Center of Creve Coeur is not liable for their safety once the child leaves the main center.
HOME STUDY SESSION
- Daily practice is essential to experience the full benefits of the Kumon Method.
- Students must independently do homework on assigned dates.
- Students must have name, date, starting time and ending time on first page of all assignments.
- Additional parental involvement is required for Math levels 6A-4A and Reading levels 7A-3A.
- All communication is welcome.
- During the Kumon Center session, please leave a note regarding your comment, question or request. Please fill out the Parent communication form and return it to the main desk or email: [email protected].
- When the Kumon Center is not in session, please schedule an appointment to meet with the Kumon Instructor by calling the center number or emailing the center.
- Please call the Center prior to class hours if your child will be absent. Homework will be left in the mailbox outside the center.
- Please give one week notice prior to a vacation to ensure that your child’s Kumon work is prepared in advance.
- There are no make-up sessions.
- Students absent more than one month during a calendar year must be re-registered and pay the registration fee to resume Kumon study.
- Posted: Thursday, September 04, 2014
The center assistant will be expected to learn the various roles in the learning center and fill in where necessary. This will be a rotational position and growth will be determined by the individual's performance,dedication and interests.
Potential Roles and Responsibilities:
Under general supervision from the Center Instructor, the individual may be expected to perform the following tasks:
Front Desk - Welcome students to the center, ensure students receive proper work files and direct students to appropriate seat. Collect work files upon student departure and distribute appropriate rewards.
Grader - Accurately grade completed worksheets with designated markings.
Data Entry - Enter worksheet grades into database.
Instructor's Assistant - Assist Instructor in providing instruction to and observing new students or early learners. Ensure Instructor is aware of necessary information regarding performance of student,schedule/workload change requests or general concerns.
Center Maintenance - Ensure center is clean, tidy, and organized.
File Prep and Inventory - Pull appropriate worksheets and prepare student files with necessary materials and information. Take inventory of supplies.
Other - Additional responsibilities to be determined by center needs. Examples include fielding parent inquiries during center hours,collecting tuition, center book management, etc.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Positive attitude and a passion for working with youth
- Patience, calm demeanor and the ability to motivate
- Fundamental understanding of High School mathematics
- Willingness to follow the Kumon method
- Ability to follow direction properly
- Good communication skills
- Proven ability to multi-task
- Knowledge of and ability to relate to culturally diverse students
- Flexibility to work between the hours of 4-7:30 PM on Wednesdays (center day) and Saturdays (9-1pm)
We are an affirmative and equal opportunity employer. Employment offers contingent of successful background checks.
Interested individuals should e-mail their resume and cover note to the center.