Welcome to the Kumon Math and Reading Center of Ladue! Our Center, established in 1984, was the first Kumon Center in the Midwest.
We offer math and reading programs for children ages 3 years and older. Currently, more than 350 students are enrolled at our Center.
2017 Center Closing Dates
Kumon Ladue will be closed on the following dates.
Saturday, April 8 (Spring break)
Wednesday, April 12 (Spring break)
Saturday, May 27 (Memorial Day Weekend)
Wednesday, July 5 (Independence Day break)
Wednesday, August 9 (Summer break)
Saturday, August 12 (Summer break)
Saturday, September 2 (Labor Day Weekend)
Wednesday, November 22 (Thanksgiving)
Saturday, November 25 (Thanksgiving)
Saturday, December 23 (Winter break)
Wednesday, December 27 (Winter break)
Price and Fees
Registration Fee: $50 per student
Materials Fee: $10 per student
Monthly Fee: $120.00 per subject
First month’s tuition ($120) is due at registration.
Kumon Center of Ladue Policy & Tuition Guide (November 2016)
Parents can schedule a 15- to 30-minute conference about their child's progress with Dr. Kimura. Slots must be reserved by phone or email one week in advance and are on a first-come, first-serve basis.
Home grading is a mandatory part of Kumon study. It is the parents' responsibility to accurately grade and record all of their child's Kumon homework.
Requests for changes to assignments and/or extra homework must be submitted at least 24 hours in advance. If you wish to have your homework mailed to you, sufficient time must be given.
Answer & Solution Books
Answer books for home grading are available for Math levels 3A-O and Reading levels 2A-L. Math solution books are available for levels E through O.
Answer books and solution books must be returned in good condition upon completion of the level. Lost materials or those returned in unusable condition will incur a replacement fee. The replacement fee for a lost answer book is $5, while the replacement fee for a lost solution book is $15.
One homework bag per subject is provided at registration. New bags to replace lost or damaged ones must be purchased from the center for $5.
Parents are notified via text message or email when child/children are ready to be picked up. Contact the office for details and to provide contact information.
- Checks are made payable to Kumon St. Louis.
- Monthly tuition is due by the 20th of the prior month. Payments received after the 1st are considered late and will incur a $10 late fee; after 15 days, work will be withheld. This applies to mailed tuition. Please allow adequate transit time if you wish to mail your tuition to the Kumon Center of Ladue.
- All future EFT payments will be set to withdraw on the 20th of the prior month.
- If you do not receive your tuition envelope at the beginning of the month, it is your responsibility to ask for it.
- We are not responsible for tuition handed in late by students. If you choose to allow your child to give us the tuition check and he/she forgets to do so, it will be considered late.
- A fee of $10 per student/per subject will be charged for late payments (tuition not paid by the 1st of the month).
- A fee of $25 per check will be charged for returned checks.
- As a courtesy to our families with multiple registered children, no family's monthly late fees for one month will ever exceed $50.
One month’s absence per year is allowed without necessitating new enrollment. New enrollment requires full payment of the $50 registration fee. A completed absence form must be submitted two weeks prior to the beginning of a new month to ensure that electronic fund payments are not cancelled.
Notification of discontinuation is to be made by the 20th of the prior month. A student is automatically considered “discontinued” in the program after one month of absence. Once a student is discontinued, the registration fee of $50 is required for re-enrollment.