Kumon is an after-school math and reading program that was founded in Japan in 1958. Kumon has a presence in 50 countries with more than 1,500 Kumon Centers in North America alone. Kumon offers a method of learning that provides individualized, self-paced instruction of math and reading aimed at helping children reach and exceed their school grade level. Kumon Marietta Northeast is a family run business that is dedicated to helping children reach and exceed their academic potential.
Job Title: Primary Instruction Assistant
The Primary Instruction Assistant will be tasked with aiding Kumon students of various ages to learn the center routine, instill basic work skills and develop their self-learning ability. This position requires keen observation skills, creativity and the ability to utilize knowledge of students’ strengths and weaknesses for the purposes of instruction. The ideal candidate will have experience working with children and be interested in education as a career.
· Likes working with children from pre-school through high school
· Some teaching or tutoring experience; Previous experience with Kumon a plus
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with adults and children
· Strong math and reading aptitude
· Assist with greeting parents and students
· Answer the telephone
· Commitment to making a difference in the community and belief that all children have the potential to achieve academic excellence
· Flexible schedule with the ability to work afternoons/early evenings; Must be available Mondays, Wednesday, and Thursdays from 2:30PM –7:00PM. Saturdays from 9:30AM – 2:00PM
· Participation in training sessions
· Strong work ethic
The range for hourly rate is $9 - $12 per hour with many opportunities for growth. Please send resume to [email protected]