It’s officially the middle of summer!
We want to keep your kids healthy over the break. Starting healthy habits at a young age can play a big part in helping to build a healthy lifestyle for the future. Here at Kumon of Plano - Four Corners we’re all about our kids’ futures, and what better time to start new habits than right now. These 5 healthy habits can help you and your child continue this year on the right foot. Hello summertime!
1. Limit Screen Time: Creating phone-free zones or times in the home, encouraging outdoor activities, and engaging in conversation with your children are just some ways that you can limit screen time.
2. Positive Thinking: Avoid negative self-talk and comparisons. When negative situations happen to you or your child, show them the silver lining.
3. Physical Activity: Going on a hike or a walk with your child can inspire them to get moving. Buying active toys or games such as balls, jump ropes, hula hoops and other toys of this nature can also support these efforts.
4. Healthy Eating: Students that eat healthy lunches filled with foods in rich protein, vitamins and minerals are more likely to perform better than students whose diets are heavy in unhealthy foods.
5. Social Interaction: Enrolling them in extra-curricular activities also gives them a better opportunity to flourish socially outside of school.
Schedule your FREE Kumon placement test today!