The Kumon Math and Reading Center of Olathe mission is to guide each child in mastering their academic skills to eventually reach goals they will be proud of. We aim to provide consistent supplemental math and reading support by bringing the Kumon method of learning to each child in our center encouraging them in becoming self motivated, independent, successful learners. The Kumon Math and Reading Center of Olathe is committed in becoming a leading educational support for Olathe and surrounding areas.
Price and Fees
PLACEMENT TESTING AND ORIENTATION:
ONE-TIME REGISTRATION FEE:
$50 per student
(plus a one time Materials fee of $30 per student)
Ask us about our multi subject discount per family!
Tuition is collected via Cash, Credit/Debit Card or Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT).
Tuition is debited on the 21st of every month for the upcoming month. Tuition is nonrefundable regardless of attendance in a given month.
A full 30 day written notice must be given by the 1st of the month to discontinue enrollment. Please refer to the forms section.
Students are scheduled to attend classes on Mondays and Thursdays between 4:00 pm-7:30 pm or Tuesdays between 4:00 to 6:00 pm and Saturdays between 10:00 am to 12:00 noon. Single subject students should allow for 30 minutes at the center. Two subject students will be at the center for one hour.
A student who, for whatever reason, does not pay tuition or take Kumon materials in a given month for a particular subject is considered absent for that month for that subject. Students will be allowed a period of absence not to exceed one month per calendar year per subject. Students reported absent for more than a month in a given calendar year in a subject will be considered un-enrolled for that subject. Students' whose status becomes un-enrolled will lose accumulated Kumon Points and Center Kumon Dollars and will start with a zero balance upon re-enrollment.
The Instructor's office hours are as follows:
Tuesday and Wednesday 4:00 pm to 7:00 pm
Saturday 10:00 am to 1:00 pm
During class hours, it is important for the Instructor to focus solely on the students and the running of class. For this reason, the Instructor will not be available to meet with parents during class. If parents would like to schedule a conference, or relay a message to the Instructor, please use the provided message form sent with students. You may also contact the instructor by phone or email anytime.
Classroom Instructors needed
- Posted: Saturday, December 07, 2019
Classroom Assistant Kumon Math and Reading Center of Olathe,Kansas
Kumon is the world’s largest and most successful after-school math and reading program. Our location, Kumon Math and Reading Learning Center of Olathe, Kansas is currently seeking an Early Learner Assistant to join its team.
The assistant is a vital contributor to the success of our students, and the Kumon Center, itself. Charged with assisting the Instructor in the development of our youngest students, the assistant will work with one to two students at a time, implementing our proprietary worksheets properly at every step along the way. An individual in this role will learn from students,complete training, and communicate frequently with the Instructor to ensure that each learning experience is a valuable one for the child(ren)’s growth and development.
In order to succeed in this position, the ideal candidate will:
- Have a deep interest in working with young children, especially those aged 3 to 14.
- Be a natural motivator, with a high level of energy and an encouraging demeanor.
- Have patience when interacting with very young children.
- Demonstrate a commitment to making a difference in the community and a belief that all children have the potential to achieve academic excellence.
- Be reliable; arriving to work each day, on time, so that he/she can work with assigned students.
- Provide attention, structure, and instructions to young students, while also fostering a positive attitude toward study.
- Assist the Instructor with various daily responsibilities, including but not limited to: preparing materials for class, maintaining a clean/orderly classroom, and grading assignments.
- Work well as part of a team, demonstrating strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Be flexible and able to handle change as needed.
- Possess a strong grasp of basic mathematics and reading
- Be available to work (without exception) on Mondays, 3:45-7:45 PM, Tuesdays 4 to 6:30 PM and Thursdays, 3:45-7:45 PM
- Be available for paid training, outside of the hours listed above, so long as he/she is provided with reasonable notice of the date and time.
Skills and Experience Requirements:
- Love of children, passionate to education
- Strong math and language arts proficiency
- Positive attitude and professional demeanor
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills
- Must be flexible and able to take directions
- Attention to detail;
- Must be able to multi-task and take directions and Love of learning;
- Must be able to work with 2-3 students at the same time
- Two+ years college education preferred
- High school students with strong academic placement may apply
- Training will be provided
Interested candidates should be aware that:
- The starting hourly rate for this position, may be between $9.00 and $13.00 per hour, depending on previous work experience and education.
- We are looking for committed individuals who have the intention to work part time for a year or more.
- Anyone 18 years of age, or older, applying for this position, must submit to a full background check prior to being formally hired.
Job Type: Part-time