Kumon of Ponte Vedra has taken every precaution recommended by the CDC to make the classroom experience safe for both our students and team members. We have strict protocols in place. When students check in, their temperature is taken at the door. Each child is required to use hand sanitizer or rubbing alcohol before entering the classroom. All staff and students are required to wear masks or face shields.
Our tables are spaced 6 feet apart, and only families with more than one student sit at the same table, as they are considered a family unit. We have installed plexiglass partitions at the tables to provide a barrier between the student and team member.
We require each student/family to sign up for an assigned time to attend our in-person class sessions. Students who are enrolled in one subject, sign up for 1/2 hour, twice weekly. Students who are enrolled in both Math & Reading, sign up for 1 hour, twice weekly. The link to SignUpGenius will be provided upon enrollment.
Our center has been treated with a non-toxic agent protecting surfaces against bacteria & viruses, including Covid-19, by Ecovasive North Florida. Their treatment lasts up to 3 months. For more information, visit their website at [email protected] They have been treating schools, daycares and gyms in our community.
In addition to our space at 280 Solana Road, we have (temporarily) acquired the unit next door, which allows us to accommodate more students, and comply with physical distancing recommendations.
We are ready to help your child get that extra edge, and a leg up as we approach the new school year!
Kumon of Ponte Vedra Center Requests & Requires:
- Students/parents, please wait on the bench outside to be welcomed into the center by a staff member. We are sanitizing the tables and chairs between each session.
- Masks or Face Shields are required for all students attending in-class sessions.
- Students must bring their own sharpened pencil and eraser. No borrowing or sharing because of Covid-19.
- Once students enter the classroom, they are not allowed to move around the room. They are required to remain seated for the 30 minute – 1 hour class, depending on whether they are enrolled in one or two subjects. Instructors and team members will be allowed to move around the room to sanitize the tables and take care of administrative issues, but will, to the best of their ability adhere to the required 6 feet of physical distancing.
- Parents, your student(s) cannot stay longer than their scheduled time, as we are strictly scheduling everyone.
- Reminder, if your student is exposed to or sick with fever, flu, head cold, rash, runny nose, coughing, excessive sneezing, diarrhea, or has been exposed to any of this, they should not attend Kumon in person and we will offer a Zoom class instead.