Welcome to our Kumon Math and Reading Center. For more than 60 years, Kumon’s after-school academic enrichment program has helped children achieve success worldwide. We strive to instill in children the desire to achieve and the motivation to learn on their own. Whether your child is seeking enrichment, needs help catching up or is just beginning his or her academic career, Kumon is designed to help him or her develop a love of learning.
Students advance through the program at their own pace. Our emphasis on individualized learning helps your child become focused, motivated and self-reliant. We monitor each child’s progress to ensure comprehension before moving on to a new concept. With a strong academic foundation, critical thinking and problem solving abilities, your child has the potential to achieve whatever he or she desires.
The Kumon Math Program is a comprehensive curriculum that develops the necessary skills to help children progress from counting through calculus. For more information about the Kumon Math Program.
The Kumon Reading Program begins with basic phonics and progresses all the way through advanced reading comprehension. For more information about the Kumon Reading Program.
Price and Fees
Tuition is collected via Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT).
Tuition is debited on the 1st of month, and is nonrefundable regardless of attendance in a given month.
Classes are Mondays and Thursdays, 3:00 pm-7:00 pm, Wednesdays 3:30 to 5:30 PM and Saturdays 9 to 11 AM. All students are scheduled in advance.
Single-subject students should allow for at least 30 minutes in the Center
Double-subject students should allow for 1 hour.
The Kumon classroom has to be a quiet study area so that everyone can concentrate. Brothers, sisters, and parents are asked to stay in the waiting area. Please work quietly, and do not disturb the students.
Cancellation & Absences:
• A student may be absent for 30 consecutive days without incurring fees or being discharged. If a student returns after an absence of more than 30 days, a re-enrollment fee of $50 will apply.
• According to the KUMON North America policy, 'If work is received for any day during a month, tuition is due for the entire month.'
• Paid tuition is non-refundable and is forfeited should a student discontinue enrollment or if work is taken at any time during the month.
• A 30-day written notice is required before leaving the program. Your account will remain open and active until written notice is received. Your account will be closed 30 days after we receive your notice to terminate.
• In cases of medical or other emergencies when 30 days notice is impossible, please contact us -- we will do what we can to accommodate your situation.
The Kumon of San Antonio North observes most national holidays.
The dates of Center closings will be posted in advance.
Communicating with the Instructor:
The Instructor's office hours are as follows:
During class hours, it is important for the Instructor to focus solely on the students and the running of class. For this reason, the Instructor will not be available to meet with parents during class. If parents would like to schedule a conference, or relay a message to the Instructor, please email at [email protected]
The Instructor and the staff do not take phone calls during class. However, we ask that you leave a message, and your phone call will be returned during office hours.