**Our classroom is open to students for in-center sessions!**
November 2020 Updates:
No Classes: 11/11 Veteran's Day, 11/27 Thanksgiving
Book Club/Book Mark Contest open to all reading students. Submissions due 11/30.
Write The Story Ending Contest open to all DII level (or higher) reading students. Submissions due 11/20.
Please see the "Resources" tab for contest rules and documents.
Whether your child attends the Kyrene, Chandler or Tempe school district, is going to pre-school, Brisas, Cielo, Kyrene Traditional Academy (KTA), Mariposa, Mirada, Paragon Science Academy, Basis, Aprende, Kyrene Middle School, Corona del Sol or any other Chandler/Tempe school, the expectations are the same—Achieving SUCCESS.
Kumon Math and Reading Center of Tempe-South wants to assure you that the health and safety of our staff, students, and families is our top priority. To help ensure that our center remains a safe environment, we will be taking the following steps:
1. Center & Virtual Hours:
To reduce the number of students at any given time, we have made some temporary changes to our center hours and are now offering both in center and virtual sessions.
In Center Classes
Monday, Wednesday, & Friday 2:30 pm-7pm
Monday & Friday 4 pm-6:30 pm, and by appointment
2. Center Scheduling
We will strictly enforce student scheduling to limit the number of people in the center. All students should arrive promptly at their scheduled time and should not remain at the center past their appointment.
3. Center Cleanliness
- All students and staff will be required to wear a mask, have their temperature checked, and wash their hands
- Students/Staff are required to stay home if they are experiencing any symptoms
- Student tables, chairs, door handles, bathroom and any other touched surfaces will be sanitized after each use
- Classroom cleaned thoroughly before and after classes
- Closure of parent waiting area
- Desks separated 6" apart for social distancing
- Only students and staff are allowed past front desk
- Students no longer handle their own chart
- Students remain seated the entire class; staff collect completed homework and classroom directly from the student
- Shield glass is utilized throughout the classroom as a barrier between staff and students
- Students are required to bring their own pencil and eraser to class
- Classroom backdoor is opened for 5 minutes every 30 minutes for ventilation