What is Kumon?
Kumon is a worksheet-based Math and Reading enrichment program. Kumon worksheets are the heart of the program. Students study Kumon worksheets in Math and/or Reading daily. Students progress through the Kumon curriculum at their own pace with the goal of studying advanced materials!
What is the schedule?
Students come to the center twice weekly on a schedule of their choosing (typically Tuesdays and Thursdays) and complete short daily assignments the other five days of the week at home.
Who provides instruction to students?
Our Primary Instructor Ms. Inba creates a customized lesson plan for each and every student enrolled in our programs. The lesson plan is initially based on the results of the student placement test. It is then continually adjusted as the child progresses through the Kumon program.
Kumon Alden Bridge Team:
Where are you located?
Our address is: 8021 Research Forest Drive Suite C, The Woodlands, TX 77382. We’re located on Research Forest Drive near the intersection of Research Forest and Kuykendahl Dr., across the street from Chick-Fil-A, nearby Dosey Doe Coffee and Tumbleweeds & Notions. Please find more information about our center and take a video tour in the video listing on Woodlands Online.
How do I get started with the program?
1. Schedule an appointment for a parent orientation and student placement test by calling us at 281-353-6925 or online by clicking here.
- Ms. Inba Chidambaranathan is a certified Kumon instructor and has been a Montessori teacher in The Woodlands since 2010. Ms. Inba and her team are well experienced, have lots of love and passion to work with children.
- Ms. Dianna Walker has been with Kumon Alden Bridge since the opening of the center in 2011. She has been extensively trained in the Kumon method and has tremendous experience working with children of all ages. She is from Shenandoah, TX.
- Ms. Lamia Farid is our Early Learner Teacher who has 7 years of experience teaching early learners at Kumon Alden Bridge. Before moving to Texas, she was an elementary school teacher in Oklahoma for 6 years. She is from The Woodlands, TX.
- Ms. Mickie Blizzard is our new Early Learner Teacher. She comes with rich experience teaching Kindergarten through Grade 5 in Klein ISD and Magnolia ISD schools. We are happy to welcome her as our new team member. Her 12 years of teaching experience adds great value to our students. She is from Magnolia, TX
2. Attend the parent orientation and have your child take the student placement test.
3. Review your child's progress goal plan.
4. Enroll your child.
5. Schedule regular progress check-ups with Ms. Inba.
How do I make payments?
1. Monthly tuition payments are made through Payment Authorization by Credit Card or ACH Bank Transfer.
2. Payment Authorization can be made online through our payment website.
3. Alternatively, Payment Authorization can be submitted can be submitted by updating the paper form that can be downloaded from the Resources Page.