Kumon of Virginia Beach - Hilltop Policies
- Parent Orientation
- Free placement test
- Discussion of your child’s needs, abilities, and goals.
Kumon is not a quick fix but rather a long-term commitment.
For grades K-12: Mondays and Thursdays: 3:00 PM to 7:00 PM.
Early Learners: Tuesdays and Fridays 1:00 PM to 5:00 PM.
One-subject students attend for approximately 30 minutes. Two-subject students attend for approximately 60 minutes.
All Kumon students are expected to attend two scheduled sessions per week.
Time(s) may vary depending on the student’s level, age, worksheets assigned, corrections, and the presence of new concepts. If your child has to leave early, please let us know. Otherwise the student will stay until all work is completed (including corrections).
We close promptly at 7:00 PM. One-subject students should not arrive later than 6:30 PM and two-subject students should arrive no later than 6:00 PM.
We schedule students to arrive at a specific time. Please come at the time specified.
Tuition and Fees:
- Parent orientation and placement test: no charge.
- Registration fee: $50 per student
- Material fee: $30 per student
- Monthly tuition: $160 per subject ($295 for two subjects). Effective July 1
- Late fee: A $25 late fee per student will be assessed if tuition is not received by the 1st of the month.
- Switching fee: There is a switching fee of $30 to switch to another subject if a student is enrolled in the current subject for less than 12 months.
- Reading library books: There is a replacement charge of $20 for each book not returned. So that books are always available for other Kumon students, those students with a book already checked out will not be permitted to take another book out until the outstanding loaned book has been returned.
- Answer books: Answer books are loaned materials and must be returned. Answer books deemed missing or not returned are billed at $10 per book.
- Homework pouch: Each student will receive a homework pouch to store their Kumon work at home and bring their work to class. It is important to keep all worksheets for the current class in the pouch. Lost pouches can be replaced at $2 each.
Method of Payment:
We accept: credit/debit card, and EFT/ACH (electronic fund transfer). The fees will be drafted from the account on the 1st day of the month in advance. Please speak with the Instructor before you have trouble meeting this obligation. All fees paid are non-refundable and non transferable.
If payments are received after the 5th of the month, a $20 late fee must be included with your payment.
A $20 fee will be charged for rejected credit cards.
**Upon enrolling, your registration fee and 1st month tuition is due. We process tuition on the 1st of the month. For example, tuition for January is charged January 1st. If you wish to discontinue Kumon you must let us know in WRITING by the 15th of the current month to stop payment for the following month. Furthermore, the written notification must be submitted 30 days prior to leaving.
**Enrollment packages are non-refundable regardless of attendance
Please call the center 24-hour in advance before class if your child will be absent and to arrange for the work to be picked up.
Please give one week notice prior to a vacation to ensure that your child’s Kumon work is prepared in advance.
There are no make-up sessions
Kumon is a year-round program. Students absent more than one month during a calendar year must be re-registered and pay the registration fee to resume Kumon study.
- The classroom area is for students only. We sincerely want parents’ input and observation, but we prefer these at appointed times.
- Please do not come into the classroom to tell your child to hurry up! He or she is already working as fast as possible. If the child needs to leave at a certain time, please notify the front desk assistant and have the assistant get the child for you.
- Do you want to ask a question? Please email, telephone, or leave a note with the assistant at the front desk, or have your child bring the note to the Instructor.
- We respectfully ask that you do not leave your child(ren) unattended at the center (including waiting room) during class time. Parents can use the waiting room or wait in their car. Because of insurance policies, however, we cannot let children go outside to the car. Parents must come inside to pick up their child.
- We ask that all students be quiet in the study room. Young minds are at work! Students should leave their silenced electronics in the waiting room or in their backpacks.
- Children must be potty-trained and be able to go to the restroom on their own.
Kumon Operational Hours:
Monday and Thursdays 3:00 PM-7:00 PM
Tuesday and Fridays 1:00 PM-5:00 PM
Center follows public school decisions on whether to open/close for inclement weather.
Kumon is closed for all national holidays and during the last week of the year.