· Tuition is non-refundable
once a student receives work for the month.
· The tuition fee is a fixed amount
. It does not vary with the number of worksheets completed, the number of class sessions a student attends, or the times and days the center is open. Make-up sessions will not be provided if your child is absent. Instead, we will schedule to pick up work.
· First month’s Tuition, Registration Fee, Materials Fee, and Deposit are due in full upon enrollment.
· Acceptable forms of payment: Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Cash.
· Not accepted: Personal Checks.
· Withdrawal Process: Written notice must be given in advance by the 15th of the prior month
and the Exit Survey completed to stop payment and enrollment for the following month.
Class Sessions and Attendance
· Sessions are scheduled upon enrollment and appointment times are enforced to monitor the number of students and staff in the center at once.
· Expect your child to stay 20-30 mins for one subject or 50-60 minutes for two subjects. The amount of time they spend in the center is dependent on how long it takes them to complete classwork and corrections. When students are done, they will be sent out. Childcare is not provided.
· Nonconsecutive sessions are recommended.
· Zoom class sessions are available.
Center Study Session
· Parents must wait for their child outside of the center.
· Students are encouraged to wash their hands in the center upon arrival.
· No pets, cell phones, games, music, food, or drinks are permitted in the center.
· Students must arrive with their Kumon bag, completed homework, 2 sharpened pencils, and 1 eraser.
o Homework should be graded in pen, with earliest date on top and in order.
o Answer Books are provided for home grading. As your child moves through the levels, we will change out the book. If lost, a $5 replacement fee will be charged.
o Online Answer Books are also available. Please see Ms. Michie if interested.
· Communication is welcomed. Parents are encouraged to ask questions about their child’s progress and can schedule parent conferences during business hours.
· Only students may enter the classroom. You may send a note regarding your comment, question, or request regarding your child or text the Kumon phone number.
· Monthly Newsletters are emailed during the first week. Please refer to our newsletters for updates.
· Progress Reports are sent out every six months. Progress and projections will be discussed at this time.
· Kumon of Waipahu is open Tuesday to Saturday
. Calls and texts received on Sundays & Mondays or during closures will be checked the next business day.
Vacation and Absence Policy
· Please call/text us if your child will miss class to arrange work pick-up and adjustments.
· We have an after-hours pick-up basket hanging on the door if you will not be able to pick-up work during business hours. Work will not be put in the basket without prior arrangements.
· Please give at least one week's notice
prior to vacation to ensure your child’s work is prepared in advance.
· Students may take one month off in a calendar year with proper notice (See Withdrawal Process on page 1). If a student is absent more than one month in this calendar year, student must re-enroll in the Kumon Program and pay another registration fee to resume Kumon study.
· We are closed for select national and state holidays, one week in the summer, and the last week of the year.
· Please see our Center Closure Dates flier for specific dates. These dates are subject to change.
· Please refer to our monthly newsletter for any changes.