Students are scheduled to attend incenter class once a week in thirty-minute timeslots. Dual-subject students are scheduled for one-hour timeslots. It is important to keep in mind that this time may vary (short/long) depending on the students' level, age, and the worksheets assigned. Our second class is a Zoom class. You can choose the time slot most comfortable for you. Please attend at your scheduled time.
In-centre classes hours are 12:00 pm – 8:00 pm on Monday and Thursday and 12:00 pm – 6:00 pm on Tuesday. Zoom Class is from 5:00 pm – 7:00 pm on Monday and 3:30 pm – 6:30 pm on Friday.
We are closed on statutory holidays, Summer Break and Winter Break. Assignments will be prepared and given to all students to cover any centre closures.
Class attendance is a vital part of the Kumon Program. Observing students at work in class assists greatly in the planning process for that student. Introducing new concepts in class is preferred so we may assist your child in reaching his/her Kumon goals.
A student is considered "discontinued" in the program after two consecutive months of absence. The enrollment fee of $50 is required for re-enrollment in the program and the student will be re-tested.
VACATION AND HOLIDAYS:
Please give 48 hours' notice of any planned absences so that we can prepare assignments for your child’s absence. Students will pick up work on the centre day prior to their absence.
Thank you in advance for your assistance and commitment to developing your child’s potential.
- Each student is responsible for bringing his/her own pencils, eraser and worksheet folder to class.
- Students are expected to attend class and be ready to work. This means that students visit the restroom and get a drink of water prior to beginning their work.
- Students are required to behave in a respectful manner at the Kumon centre – in class and the parent waiting area. This includes using good manners, a quiet voice and not being unruly.
- It is always important to remember that students are studying and their time here must be respected. Students who are unable to follow the rules will be asked to leave the class in order to maintain the learning environment.
- In order to maintain an atmosphere conducive to study we request that only students enter the Kumon Room. Parents are asked to remain in the waiting area while the class is in session.
- Personal electronic devices and toys are NOT allowed in the classroom.
- Due to allergies and sensitivities, NO FOOD OR DRINKS are allowed in the classroom.
- Parents of Early Learner students (pre-Gr1) are required to wait in the centre for the entire time that their child is attending class.
- If you leave the centre, ensure that you return before your child’s classwork is completed – you remain in full guardianship of your child. We cannot account for your child’s whereabouts once he/she has left the classroom/student area.