Welcome to the Kumon Math and Reading Center of Scottsdale - Shea Scottsdale. Since 1992, we have been helping students reach their full potential in both math and reading. Our instructor and staff work to create a caring and motivating environment for the students. Unlike traditional tutoring, we encourage the students to achieve more on their own and instill a love of learning that will last a lifetime.
Whether you are looking for math or reading help for your child or enrichment, Kumon is the place to be. We gear the work to your child's needs, and help prepare your child for advanced studies.
Kumon is for all ages and all abilities – from Pre-K through adult. The beginning levels of our math and reading programs are specially designed for our early learners – our younger, preschool-aged students. Our Instructor and assistants (or staff) work closely with the younger students in a separate area that’s designated just for them. As students progress, we encourage them to become more independent so they can acquire the learning skills necessary for advanced education.
Price and Fees
Tuition Payment Options
Initial registration fee $50
First Subject $130
Additional Subject 120
Prepay 6 months and receive 10% discount.
Payment by cash or check only for discount.
Certain restrictions apply. See Center for details.
Visa, MasterCard, Discover, AMEX, check, or cash.
Payments received after the 10th of the month must include a $35 late fee. Payment is due on or before the 1st of the month. For example, April’s tuition is due no later than April 1st. The student will be placed in suspended status if tuition is not received by the 15th of the month.
*Referral : Receive a $50 Amazon card for referring a family who enrolls in at least one subject at this location!
*Tuition and policies subject to change without notice.
- NO food or drinks in the center.
- For students to achieve optimal progress, home grading is required.
- Only students are allowed in the classroom area.
- Parents of Early Learner students are asked to remain in the shopping plaza and provide a cell phone number.
- Early Learner students are scheduled in 30 minute sessions. Please arrive at your scheduled time.
- Parents are asked to talk quietly in the waiting room and step outside for cell phone use.
- If your child is absent due to illness or emergency, please call and we will make a take-home packet of the student’s assignments for you to pick up.
- Please give one week advance notice of absences or vacations so work can be prepared for the student.
- Please arrive at least one half hour before closing time. Students arriving later than this may not have enough time to complete their daily assignment at the center.
We need at least a 30 day written notice if a student will be absent/discontinued for 1 or more months.